With summer in full swing, you can bet that the Li’l Woodzeez are keeping cool with frosty treats. From velvety ice creams to juicy ice pops, there are so many sweets to enjoy! The Tuskaroo Walruses are real pros at making them. They run the Scoops Ice Cream Truck, and they want to share their top 3 popsicle recipes with you! All you’ll need are a few ingredients and a set of popsicle molds to make these yourself.
Does your kiddo like fruits? This easy recipe purees your choice of fruits into a sweet mixture of yogurt and honey. The result is a flavorful, healthy, and refreshing treat that is simply irresistible!
3 cups fruit*
4 tbsp honey or maple syrup
½ tsp lemon juice
*The Tuskaroos recommend using strawberries, mango, watermelon, pineapple, or peaches for the best results. For layered pops, fill the molds by 1/3 and freeze for 2 hours between each layer.
- Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Pour the blended mixture into 8 popsicle molds and place in the freezer. Freeze for a minimum of 8 hours.
These popsicles are like frozen hot chocolate… Simply decadent! Rich, creamy, and chock-full of cocoa flavor, these treats are sure to please the chocolate lovers in your life. For dairy-free pops, substitute with a combination of coconut milk and coconut cream.
1 cup heavy cream or coconut cream
¼ cup granulated sugar
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp salt
- Combine the milk, cream, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a light simmer, over medium heat, stirring constantly. Simmer for about a minute.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the chocolate chips and vanilla extract. Stir constantly until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the chocolatey mixture into 8 popsicle molds and place in the freezer. Freeze for a minimum of 10 hours.
Peanut Butter Banana Pops
Here’s a recipe for peanut butter fans of all ages. It’s also a great solution for bananas that are past their prime! Simply toss the 4 ingredients below into a blender, pour them into your popsicle molds, then pop them into the freezer for 8 hours. You’ll have a healthy and delicious snack in no time!
½ cup natural peanut butter
1 cup milk or coconut milk
3 tbsp honey or maple syrup
Pour the blended mixture into 8 popsicle molds and place in the freezer. Freeze for a minimum of 8 hours.